If you are considering establishing a Free School you need to successfully demonstrate:
- a need for the school;
- the capacity of your group to successfully lead and manage the project;
- appropriate governance arrangements; and
- a compelling education plan consistent with the needs of local children.
We have had considerable success in supporting groups in drafting their proposal, project managing the pre-opening phase and supporting the operational stages post opening.
We have worked on a large number Free School projects and with this wealth of experience we can help with:
- writing the submission or specific sections of the proposal;
- shaping a successful bid;
- advising on your governance or financial arrangements; and
- project management of the pre-opening phase.
As a HR company with a wide client base in the academies and Free School sector you will not be surprised to learn that we have also provided strategic and operational HR support to many Free School clients. This has included:
- advising on the recruitment of the Principal Designate;
- actively managing aspects of the recruitment process;
- supporting the development of safeguarding procedures;
- developing standard and non-standard contracts of employment;
- advising on staff record keeping, including the management of absence;
- drafting policies for the Trust;
- training business managers; and
- reviewing procedures in open Free Schools especially where they are thinking of joining MATs (see also Due Diligence).
We have supported a range of clients to develop their Free School proposals. These include:
- existing Multi-Academy Trusts;
- Faith Groups;
- Alternative Provision Schools; and
- local community groups.