Starting from today we are introducing a quarterly News Bulletin that will provide updates on topical issues and information relating to case law that could impact on schools, academies and Trusts. It is being produced in a magazine style format that is easily downloaded and can be copied for distribution around relevant members of the leadership team or governing body.
The first edition covers the following topics:
- The growing number of staff in all sectors that are being disciplined for misuse of social media.
- Monitoring staff emails – a recent ruling of the European Court of Human Rights.
- Mandatory pay reporting for employers with over 250 staff which may draw in some Trusts.
- Right to Work in the UK – a case study of a recent employment appeal tribunal ruling on the dismissal of a member of staff whose Visa renewal application remained pending.
- New DBS rules relating to governors.
- Changes to the VISA rules that came into effect earlier this year.
- A dismissal relating to the use of social media that was deemed unfair.
If you like what you read please sign up to our newsletter to receive future editions.DOWNLOAD IT HERE